Home Exile Game Studio
www.exilegames.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pirates of Venus movie !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exile Game Studio Forum Index -> Expedition Resources
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brajah

votes: 26

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Pirates of Venus movie ! Reply with quote

http://www.piratesofvenusmovie.com/index.html

I'll believe it when I see it but for now the site has some nice concept art.
Silverback

votes: 33

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checked on the Internet Movie Data Base and it's not even listed on there. Most movie projects tend to go on their database as soon as planning and pre-production meetings or even discussion of a movie happens.

Maybe it'll happen after Pixar release the John Carter movie!

Gaming Aids and Documents
HEXipedia
Brajah

votes: 26

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing that Angelic Pictures has never really made a big time movie I think this one might just sit in limbo for awhile. Too bad. They are pitching this as a live action movie aimed at young adults and I just can't see donig ERBs Venus without a pretty hefty special effects budget.

I still like the Vimana 2 Rocketship

http://www.piratesofvenusmovie.com/images/vimana.jpg
Garet44

votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ship looks a little like a John Holland submarine.

http://www.geocities.com/gwmccue/Submarines/Holland_6.html
Prof_Scrumtumbler

votes: 24

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brajah wrote:
Seeing that Angelic Pictures has never really made a big time movie I think this one might just sit in limbo for awhile.

I would pay to see this, but I have a hard time imagining this getting big-money backing. It's got "Sci-Fi original" written all over it. Sad

Read a sample: http://www.SechinTower.com
Creature

votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello:
I looked at the site. It looks interesting but they definitely have an uphill battle ahead of them. Burrough's stuff appears outdated for most young people (though they all flock to Indiana Jones movies not realizing that stuff is all based on "pulp " style story-telling which Burrough's is great at) and getting funding to make it look right would be hard to do. Hopefully they can pull it off.
A few years ago (not many, 3-4) I saw some stuff on a Burrough's "Mars" movie but I haven't seen any more about that one either.
My favorite "Lost In Limbo" movie idea that I had ever seen was an idea that I first heard about nearly 15-18 years ago. "It was called "The Primevals" and was the brain child of special effects master Jim Danforth. This movie was all over the HEX lexicon. Lizard Men, Bi-Planes, Zeppelins, weird science, dinosaurs, you name it, it was touched upon. He even had extensive promotional material prepared for the movie (I think an early working title was something like "Zeppelins VS. Pterodactyls" or something like that) like props, artwork, and written background material. As phenomonal as it was he just didn't seem to go anywhere with it. Then I heard that "Full Moon" had picked it up since Jim was doing a lot of work for them at the time. I actually heard they wer working on it and possibly had finished it when Jim Danforth suddenly died. With him died one of the possibly most original story to come along in years and definitely one that would have had people on these forums filling the theaters with drool. This was a good one that somehow managed to slip away. I'll see if I can find out anything about it, I haven't talked about this one for years but had it been completed it would have certainly ranked high in my favorite movies list.
Why did I just go through all this? I don't know. I just wanted to say that funding "fringe projects" with no solid tried-and-true base behind them is real difficult. Being a filmmaker myself I fully understand the frustration this causes. I have a movie "in development" which would appeal to many here and the lovers of "Call Of Cthulhu" as well. But... being in development means nothing. It means you're hashing around ideas and logistics. So many movies are lost duing "Development" that it's difficult to get excited about them. Take them to pre-production and then the excitement can start building.
I think the listing on IMDB can only be done if the movie project is by a company with a track record (products already on the market) or by having a premiere in a public theater. There are lots of "small" label movies on IMDB.
Sorry about the long post. It wasn't my original intention.
Have a Great Day!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exile Game Studio Forum Index -> Expedition Resources All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: